About CLI Trainings
The following is a list of Trainings, Events, Webinars, and Meetings hosted by CLI and other organizations.
CLI members must be login to their online account for member pricing. Additional details are noted at the linked registration form. If you have questions on registration, please call the CLI office at 952.405.2010 or email email@example.com
If you missed a live training, please check the menu item Training Videos as many of the CLI trainings are recorded and are available for purchase or free download.
3rd Wednesdays | Let’s Talk About It
Let’s Talk About It: Topics That Impact YOU!
The schedule for the 2021 Let’s Talk series has been canceled. Please continue to check back for the 2022 schedule.
Let’s Talk is an opportunity for CLI members to gather on Zoom to discuss various topics of interest to the CLI Community and for new and potential members to learn about the benefits of joining CLI.
2021 | Bridge the Gap
Bridge the Gap Mini Training Series
5-mini training sessions to sharpen your skills!
No fee to attend. No need to register. Just join at this link:
Zoom login: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87147740134
Meeting ID: 871 4774 0134
Training #1—Thursday, June 24th from 12:00-1:00 pm:
Practice Development: Steps and Support
Training #2—Thursday, July 22nd from 12:00-1:00 pm:
Training Within Cases: How debriefs and pre-briefs can make us better at what we do
Training #3—Thursday, September 23rd from 12:00-1:00 pm:
Advocacy in Collaborative Practice—What does it mean?
Training #4—Thursday, October 21st from 12:00-1:00 pm:
Spousal Maintenance and Earning Capacity Issues in Collaborative Practice
Training #5—Thursday, November 18th from 12:00-1:00 pm:
What does it mean to say you are Collaborative?
December 2-3, 2021 | Member Annual Forum
Thursday & Friday, December 2-3, 2021 | Click here to register
Every December our Collaborative community has a wonderful opportunity to gather together for an Annual Forum, a time and place to connect with colleagues, become informed and educated about important professional topics, regenerate our passion and enthusiasm for our Collaborative work, and have fun!
- CLI Forum and Annual Meeting
- New location – The Crosby Hotel in Stillwater!
- In-person or virtual option attendance
- Overnight option
- Awesome speakers in the works!
- Your safety is important to us! Proof of vaccination status will be required prior to participants arriving to check in at the Crosby Hotel. Details available at the registration form.
Thank you to our Annual Partners and Forum Sponsors for their continuing support of CLI!
Collaborative Experience Training
Update on Collaborative Experience Training
The Training Committee will not be holding a Basic Training this fall and want to direct all people interested in training or needing to be trained to go to the IACP website to find a training available that meets IACP basic training standards.
The link to all the shared IACP Events/Training Calendar is https://www.collaborativepractice.com/community-event-calendar
The Training Committee will hold a May training that will be two full days, hopefully in person, on May 12th and 13th and a third day follow up Training on September 9th that will be part of the registration for the May training to allow new trainees to utilize what they learn in the May training and come back to strengthen their skills and knowledge after having a chance to apply the core May training.
Training works best when there is a minimum number of 8 trainees.
PLEASE HOLD THE DATES IF YOU ARE INTERESTED and keep your eyes open for more details in the new year.
Description of Training:
Collaborative Practice sounds deceptively simple: resolving divorce disputes without going to court. After all, most cases settle prior to trial, and most divorce professionals are decent and caring people.
But the reality is that effective Collaborative Practice requires learning a radical new set of skills for all the professionals involved. Understanding and mastering what Collaborative professionals call “the paradigm shift” is essential for competent Collaborative Practice. It really is that different.
Highlights of the training include:
- Key structural differences in how a Collaborative case is managed from start to finish, from Commencement Meeting to Closure Meeting
- How to prepare for a well-designed Commencement meeting that sets the tone and focus for a successful case
- The vital role of Collaborative advocacy
- The roles of Collaborative neutrals: Neutral Financial Professional, Neutral Coach, and Neutral Child Specialist
- Creating a functional team that effectively blends advocacy with neutrality
- Communication skills and strategies that are key elements to success
- The critical role of goal-setting with clients to the success of the case
- Document generation, including new ones like the Roadmap to Resolution
- Conflict management skills and how to handle impasse
- Determining what issues make a case inappropriate for Collaborative Practice
- Discussion of ethical issues
Thank you to our Annual Partners for their continuing support of CLI!
Edina Realty | Jennifer Morris
952.937.8600 | JenniferMorris@EdinaRealty.com