May 2021 | Virtual Collaborative Experience Training
CLI Minnesota Presents | Virtual Collaborative Experience Training
Registration and Details: Click here
Dates: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, May 5, 6, & 7, and 19, 20, 21, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM each day
Description of Training:
Collaborative Practice sounds deceptively simple: resolving divorce disputes without going to court. After all, most cases settle prior to trial, and most divorce professionals are decent and caring people.
But the reality is that effective Collaborative Practice requires learning a radical new set of skills for all the professionals involved. Understanding and mastering what Collaborative professionals call “the paradigm shift” is essential for competent Collaborative Practice. It really is that different.
We invite you to join us for CLI’s new Virtual New Collaborative Experience training consisting of 6 three and a half hour modules covering all the elements required to begin incorporating the paradigm shift to Collaborative Practice into your professional toolkit. Highlights of the training include:
- Key structural differences in how a Collaborative case is managed from start to finish, from Commencement Meeting to Closure Meeting
- How to prepare for a well-designed Commencement meeting that sets the tone and focus for a successful case
- The vital role of Collaborative advocacy
- The roles of Collaborative neutrals: Neutral Financial Professional, Neutral Coach, and Neutral Child Specialist
- Creating a functional team that effectively blends advocacy with neutrality
- Communication skills and strategies that are key elements to success
- The critical role of goal-setting with clients to the success of the case
- Document generation, including new ones like the Roadmap to Resolution
- Conflict management skills and how to handle impasse
- Determining what issues make a case inappropriate for Collaborative Practice
- Discussion of ethical issues
Through a combination of didactic presentations, illustrative vignettes, discussion, Q and A, and focused homework for participants, we expect this to be an informative training for those new to Collaborative practice, and a valuable refresher for those who are already practicing.
Thank you to our Annual Partners for their continuing support of CLI!
Edina Realty | Jennifer Morris
952.937.8600 | JenniferMorris@EdinaRealty.com