- Do you want your children to be in the center rather than in the middle?
- Do you want your lawyer to be a wise counselor rather than a hired gun?
- Are you willing to be in the same room with your spouse or partner?
- Are you able to speak for yourself and articulate your own goals and interests?
- Are you open to solutions that respect both your and your spouse’s interests?
- Do you want to focus on future solutions rather than past disagreements?
- Do you want a comfortable co-parenting relationship with your former spouse?
- Are you willing to experience and live with some discomfort at times during your divorce?
- Do you want solutions that take into consideration the uniqueness of your family?
- Do you want to model healthy dispute resolution for your children, friends and family?
- Do you want to be able to look back on your divorce and feel good about both the outcome and how you handled yourself during the process?
KIDS CORNER | Modeling Behavior We Want Our Children to Emulate
I hope that young children were not still up and watching the *Academy Awards broadcast when Will Smith got out of his seat, walked up the concourse, and forcefully slapped Chris Rock for making a poor joke at the expense of his wife Jada Pinkett Smith. But even if...